Good Question is a free simple WordPress plugin to stop spam comments and registrations on the site.
Allows to add a simple question on the registration or comment form, easy for humans, but not solvable for the spam bots. User must select correct answers, otherwise form return error.
The best thing of this super simple plugin is that it 100% works!
The smartest bots that easily pass the Google reCAPTCHA are helpless against the Good Question. Just because they don’t know what to do with that. Bots are not trained pass the Good Question validation because it’s not so popular as Google reCAPTCHA or other services.
The Good Question plugin protects WordPress sites from spam registrations since 2013 and up for today, read the reviews. And now it stops spam comments as efficiently!
Key features of the plugin:
- 100% effective. There are no services to help the bot to answer the abstract question, so they can’t pass validation.
- Compatible with the most of the WordPress theme, including all AppThemes themes.
- Works on WordPress registration form, including MU Sign Up form.
- Works on comments form.
- Simple and lightweight.
- Allow to create your own unique Question and set of Answers.
- Allow to edit all CSS properties for Question and each of Answers separately.
- Shuffle Answers after each page load.
- You can set colors or images through CSS properties, instead of simple text answers.
There is absolutely no matter of which question and how many answers you configure for a good question, just make it easy for your real visitors.
For example, create a simple question:
1 + 1 = ?
And three answers:
Mark answer 2 as the correct, and that’t it!
Related Blog Posts
- Good Question plugin version 1.3.0
April 20, 2020
Recent Blog Posts
- Display a site logo on mobile view for the Vantage and ClassiPress themes
May 27, 2021 - 0 Comments
The site logo does not display on mobile view for Vantage and ClassiPress themes. But it’s pretty simple to fix via self-made child theme. If you don’t have one, read how to create a Vantage child theme and ClassiPress child theme. Moreover, there is a ready-made ClassiPress child theme included in the classipress/examples/ folder A…
- Home page banner with video background for Vantage and HireBee themes
February 13, 2021 - 0 Comments
Home page banners for Vantage and HireBee themes designed to display an image on the background. You just need to set the Featured Image for the Home Page. By default it looks like this: Actually, you can display a video as well, but it’s not so obvious and below it will be explained how to. […]
- Replace the Price with Sold tag for sold ClassiPress Ads
November 5, 2020 - 1 Comment
Currently, ClassiPress theme displays a “Sold” warning on the single ad page. But it’s not reflected on the ad in loops and doesn’t show any warning or sold tag. Following code snippet replaces the Price with Sold tag for ads marked sold. You can add it in a custom plugin or child theme functions.php file […]
- Disable Favorite Listings in Vantage theme
October 29, 2020 - 0 Comments
Favorite listings is the build-in feature in Vantage theme. But for some sites it is not needed. Following PHP code snippet will disable Favorite Listings. You can add in a custom plugin or child theme functions.php file. Alternatively, Code Snippets plugin can be used (more details in the instruction). Like
- Customize AppThemes Importer
July 1, 2020 - 0 Comments
The AppThemes themes provided with a built-in listing importer, which allows importing new listings using CSV spreadsheets. Currently, following themes support the AppThemes Importer feature: ClassiPress, Vantage, Clipper and JobRoller. Listings can be imported with title, description, excerpt, status, author, date, slug, attachments, Geo data (if theme supports), custom fields, taxonomy terms and even taxonomy […]