Taggernaut is a tag generator which uses textual patterns with custom fields and taxonomy placeholders.
It works with any AppThemes theme! And you can use it to generate Tags or Categories for any post type.
How tag generator works:
- Select Taxonomy type to be generated terms for. You can choose any number of registered taxonomies.
- Enter a list of textual patterns. Use custom fields, user fields and other taxonomy placeholders wrapped in a
%sign. Split patterns by a comma.
And that’s it. Now Taggernaut will generate SEO-friendly terms for new listings or posts.
Taggernaut textual patterns examples:
For ClassiPress theme use it to generate Ad Listing Tags: “
%user_company%“, may generate the following tags “
San Francisco by
For Vantage theme use it to generate Listing Tags: “
%geo_city%“, may generate the following tags “
If Listing has multiple categories (like Restaurants, Cafés) or field values, Taggernaut will generate multiple tags for each option: “
If some field or taxonomy does not exist or empty – the pattern will not generate a tag.
- Taggernaut uses its massive inexorable force to generate terms. It will override any user entered terms. So if you use it to generate, for example, Tags – remove the Tags field from the user form. Moreover, don’t allow users to enter tags at all! Let Taggernaut generate them for better SEO.
- Just keep in mind the moment when the plugin automatically generates terms for a post. Once the post has changed status Pending or Publish. For example, terms will be generated when post changed status from Draft to Pending, or from Pending to Publish.
- If you want to explicitly generate terms for a specific post – there is a meta box with a preview and action button.
Please, keep in mind that plugin requires the AppThemes theme:
Recent Blog Posts
- Replace the Price with Sold tag for sold ClassiPress Ads
November 5, 2020 - 0 Comments
Currently, ClassiPress theme displays a “Sold” warning on the single ad page. But it’s not reflected on the ad in loops and doesn’t show any warning or sold tag. Following code snippet replaces the Price with Sold tag for ads marked sold. You can add it in a custom plugin or child theme functions.php file…
- Disable Favorite Listings in Vantage theme
October 29, 2020 - 0 Comments
Favorite listings is the build-in feature in Vantage theme. But for some sites it is not needed. Following PHP code snippet will disable Favorite Listings. You can add in a custom plugin or child theme functions.php file. Alternatively, Code Snippets plugin can be used (more details in the instruction). Like
- Customize AppThemes Importer
July 1, 2020 - 0 Comments
The AppThemes themes provided with a built-in listing importer, which allows importing new listings using CSV spreadsheets. Currently, following themes support the AppThemes Importer feature: ClassiPress, Vantage, Clipper and JobRoller. Listings can be imported with title, description, excerpt, status, author, date, slug, attachments, Geo data (if theme supports), custom fields, taxonomy terms and even taxonomy […]
- Create a dedicated custom field for embedding media in the Vantage theme
June 29, 2020 - 0 Comments
In most cases, site owners do not mind users placing embedded video in the listing description section. And it works in Vantage without hassle. But sometimes they want to have a dedicated area for embedded media. What is possible, but requires some explanations. Like
- Toggle fields group on the ClassiPress listing form
May 8, 2020 - 0 Comments
This mod can be useful if your ClassiPress listing form has too many fields and you want to toggle fields group visibility via button or a link. Especially, this important for mobile devices, where the long forms look complex and boring for your ad authors. There are only two steps to implement this mod on […]